Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Experiences

Well this week has been off to a great start! Residency 1 program in San Diego CA has started today and will continue till Friday. Had chance to go out with my kids today exploring the San Diego area.

The Welcome meeting in a room with 450 PhD scholars was exciting but overwhelming at the same time. The Cohort socialization and College Colloquium was a much smaller group that will be meeting with most of the week in sessions. My group is the Human Services group and it seems that I am the only one here for my specialization (Disaster, Crisis Intervention). I can already tell that I am going to learn many things this week. Learning outcomes have been given and as stated "you get want you put into this week" spend this time learning and collaborating with other scholars in your field and others, making connections and building professional relationships.

New word of the day (for me) Zemiology -http://www.reference.com/browse/zemiology

Sessions start tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. so signing off for the night!

Lea

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you for continuing on with your education Lea! Looking forward to reading more about your experiences!

    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete